Has nothing to do with Firefly at all. Well, maybe a little.
Do you have a mission in life? If so, what is it? If not, how do you assess your achievements in life? Does your mission/pupose change over time? Does your mission give your life meaning?
what things do you buy? what do you need to buy? what do you want to buy?
How do you feel about consumerism?
yesterday at a course we did an excercise where you wrote down six words that you thought of to do with stories. Then we compared with a group of four people to see how many we had in common (none). Then we had to write six words to do with food that we thought the others would write too.
Writing for an audience changes the way you think. We had two in common the second time.
PS. No reports this week: I'm an idiot and yesterday was a public holiday.
A frozen-fingered 'how-to'.
Using MT Blacklist
1. In the comment notification emails, there's a bit that says "De-spam using MT-Blacklist:" followed by a link. Click that link.
Result: If you're not already logged in, the login screen displays.
2. Login and then go back and click the link again.
3. The De-spam screen comes up with the URL from the comment in the Found URLs box.
Because, most of the time, multiple spam emails are all from one domain (ie, apples.pears.com, bananas.pears.com, fruit.pears.com), you only need to ban the primary domain (pears.com). This is more effective than banning all the individual URLs, cos they can just make more sub-URLs.
Adjust the URL so it just says, eg, pears.com, and then click the Go forth now and do my bidding! button. That will delete just that one comment.
4. Now click "De-spam" in the top menu, and MT Blacklist will search through all your recent comments for anything that matches the blacklist (which now includes pears.com).
5. MT Blacklist comes up with a list of spam comments. At the bottom of the list is a button that you can click to delete them all.
Deleting individual comments
To deleting individual comments without blacklisting them (ie, mistakes), go to the entry. The comment should be listed way down below the entry. Click on it, check you have the right one, and click Delete. Are you sure? Yes.
After you've deleted it, you'll need to rebuild your site.
Don't use this method for spam. Use blacklist.
If you're having problems with just a few entries, you could close comments on just those entries. To do this, you need to have the Allow comments drop-down available on your Editing form. (If you can't see it, click "Customize the display of this page" and select it.) Then select "Close", and save the entry.
Alternatively, if you want I can close comments for you on all entries more than X days old (if you tell me what X is).
Good luck everyone.