July 09, 2004


today i found out that "cursive" and "cursor" are both derived from the latin word for "to run".

Apparently, "cursive" writing replaced "uncial" writing in the 8th century. Another word for "uncial" is "majuscule". Both of these terms describe script which has no lower case letters.

Upper and lower case come from typesetting (the letters were kept in two cases, majuscule letters were kept in the upper case, the others in the lower case.

What? Me weird?

Incidentally, the lettering where you capitalise the first letter of almost all the words can be called "title case".

Posted by carla at July 9, 2004 11:37 PM
Post a comment

Remember personal info?